Roche to invest 240 mln Sfr into German site; 50 new jobs
ZURICH Dec 12 (Reuters) - Roche said on Wednesday it will invest more than 240 million Swiss francs ($257 million) into Germany, including a new production facility near Munich for its diagnostics arm which will go into production next December and create 50 new jobs.
"This investment in meeting global demand for immunoassays is further evidence of the success of our personalised healthcare strategy," Roche's diagnostics operating chief Roland Diggelmann said.
An immunoassay is a diagnostic lab test used in diagnosing diseases. ($1 = 0.9325 Swiss francs) (Reporting By Katharina Bart)
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- Current underwater search for Malaysia plane could end within a week