STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's SulAmérica sees premiums rising-CEO
Brazilian insurers will likely increase the cost of policies next year to counter a decline in borrowing costs that drove down financial income and profit margins, Thomaz de Menezes, chief executive officer of SulAmérica Seguros e Previdencia SA , said on Wednesday. Under de Menezes, SulAmérica, Brazil's third-largest insurer, has stuck to discipline as a way to weather an adverse market scenario for insurers plagued with rising frequency ratios - a measure of the frequency of use of services covered by insurers - and claims.
He said at an event in São Paulo that reductions in prices for auto and healthcare insurance policies by some of SulAmérica's rivals are "not sustainable."
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data