Explosion in Damascus targets Interior Ministry - state TV
BEIRUT Dec 12 (Reuters) - An explosion hit the main gate of the Syrian Interior Ministry in Damascus on Wednesday, state television said.
The ministry is in Kafar Souseh, an area contested between rebels and forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad. A resident said she heard sirens and shooting after a "huge explosion."
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source