Explosion in Damascus targets Interior Ministry - state TV
BEIRUT Dec 12 (Reuters) - An explosion hit the main gate of the Syrian Interior Ministry in Damascus on Wednesday, state television said.
The ministry is in Kafar Souseh, an area contested between rebels and forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad. A resident said she heard sirens and shooting after a "huge explosion."
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush denied bail |
- Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally |
- Judge issues order enforcing Ebola isolation of defiant Maine nurse