Taiwan c.bank: Bank of China hopes to begin RMB clearing business
TAIPEI Dec 12 (Reuters) - Taiwan's central bank chief Perng Fai-nan said on Wednesday that Bank of China hopes its Taipei branch will open yuan clearing business in Taiwan in a month.
He made the comments in a parliamentary session a day after the Chinese bank was appointed as the clearing bank for yuan transactions in Taiwan.. China's yuan currency is also known as the renminbi. (Reporting by Jeanny Kao; Writing by Faith Hung; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work