Taiwan c.bank: Bank of China hopes to begin RMB clearing business
TAIPEI Dec 12 (Reuters) - Taiwan's central bank chief Perng Fai-nan said on Wednesday that Bank of China hopes its Taipei branch will open yuan clearing business in Taiwan in a month.
He made the comments in a parliamentary session a day after the Chinese bank was appointed as the clearing bank for yuan transactions in Taiwan.. China's yuan currency is also known as the renminbi. (Reporting by Jeanny Kao; Writing by Faith Hung; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper vows tighter security after Parliament attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown