Taiwan c.bank: Bank of China hopes to begin RMB clearing business
TAIPEI Dec 12 (Reuters) - Taiwan's central bank chief Perng Fai-nan said on Wednesday that Bank of China hopes its Taipei branch will open yuan clearing business in Taiwan in a month.
He made the comments in a parliamentary session a day after the Chinese bank was appointed as the clearing bank for yuan transactions in Taiwan.. China's yuan currency is also known as the renminbi. (Reporting by Jeanny Kao; Writing by Faith Hung; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA