Taiwan c.bank: Bank of China hopes to begin RMB clearing business
TAIPEI Dec 12 (Reuters) - Taiwan's central bank chief Perng Fai-nan said on Wednesday that Bank of China hopes its Taipei branch will open yuan clearing business in Taiwan in a month.
He made the comments in a parliamentary session a day after the Chinese bank was appointed as the clearing bank for yuan transactions in Taiwan.. China's yuan currency is also known as the renminbi. (Reporting by Jeanny Kao; Writing by Faith Hung; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |