United Tech to sell P&W power systems unit to Mitsubishi Heavy
Dec 12 (Reuters) - United Technologies Corp, the world's largest maker of elevators and air conditioners, said it will sell the power systems business of its aircraft engine unit, Pratt & Whitney, to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
"Divesting Power Systems allows UTC to focus on its core aerospace and commercial businesses," United Technologies said.
United Technologies said it expects the deal to close in the second quarter of 2013.
Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat