United Tech to sell P&W power systems unit to Mitsubishi Heavy
Dec 12 (Reuters) - United Technologies Corp, the world's largest maker of elevators and air conditioners, said it will sell the power systems business of its aircraft engine unit, Pratt & Whitney, to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
"Divesting Power Systems allows UTC to focus on its core aerospace and commercial businesses," United Technologies said.
United Technologies said it expects the deal to close in the second quarter of 2013.
Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |
- Shelling of Gaza school kills at least 15; toll nears 800 |
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC