Elon Musk, Tesla Motors CEO, tells the Reuters Global Tech Summit that he'll talk to politicians who back local car dealers trying to keep Tesla from selling directly to consumers. Video
- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Arizona killer who asked for speedy execution found dead in cell
- Actor James Gandolfini, star of 'The Sopranos,' dies in Italy
- UPDATE 2-Storm Barry heads for Mexico Gulf coast oil installations
- Asia assets hammered on China fears, Fed upset
Credit Agricole mulls new investment bank cuts: DJ
PARIS (Reuters) - French bank Credit Agricole (CAGR.PA) is mulling a new round of job cuts in its investment bank, Dow Jones reported, citing unnamed sources.
A Credit Agricole spokeswoman declined to comment.
The report did not say how many jobs would be affected by the latest round of layoffs, which would come on top of 1,750 cuts announced late last year at the investment banking arm.
Credit Agricole's Cheuvreux brokerage is also expected to cut 350 to 380 jobs as part of its sale to independent rival Kepler, sources said in October.
While Credit Agricole and its larger rivals BNP Paribas (BNPP.PA) and Societe Generale (SOGN.PA) laid off thousands late last year, few additional staff reductions have been announced since, even as peers from UBS to HSBC have slashed jobs aggressively in recent months.
(Reporting By Christian Plumb and Matthieu Protard; editing by Keiron Henderson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this