France not ready to arm Syrian opposition: foreign minister
Marrakech, Morocco (Reuters) - French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said on Wednesday that it was too early for France to supply weapons to Syrian rebels trying to oust President Bashar al-Assad.
"For now we have decided not to move on this," Fabius told reporters ahead of a Friends of Syria meeting in Morocco. "We shall see in the coming months."
(Reporting By John Irish; writing by Nick Vinocur; editing by Mark John)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |
During Soviet times, Sochi gained a reputation for tolerance but the city's once vibrant gay scene has been shrinking as Russia prepares to host the 2014 Winter Games. Slideshow