U.S. "notes" North Korea rocket launch, monitoring situation
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States has noted North Korea's rocket launch and is monitoring the situation, an administration official said on Tuesday.
"We noted the launch and we are monitoring the situation. We will have further official comment later," the official said in an email message.
North Korea launched a long-range rocket for the second time this year on Wednesday local time, and may have succeeded in putting a satellite into space, the stated aim of what critics say is a disguised ballistic missile test.
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports