Posco not interested in Italian ThyssenKrupp plant
SEOUL/LONDON (Reuters) - Steelmaker POSCO (005490.KS) has denied it is interested in buying the ThyssenKrupp stainless steel plant in Terni, Italy, rejecting market speculation that the South Korean producer could buy the plant to increase its presence in Europe.
"POSCO is not interested in the ThyssenKrupp Terni planty," a spokeswoman for the company said.
She declined to comment on whether POSCO had taken a look at buying the plant or was never interested.
Finnish group Outokumpu (OUT1V.HE) has committed to selling the Acciai Speciali Terni plant to gain regulatory approval for buying ThyssenKrupp's (TKAG.DE) Inoxum unit.
(Reporting by Jung Yoon Lee and Silvia Antonioli; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia