At least one dead, possibly more, in Oregon mall shooting: police
(Reuters) - At least one person has been killed in a shooting at a busy Oregon mall on Tuesday in the middle of the Christmas shopping season, and the gunman has been "neutralized," police said.
"The shooter has been neutralized," Lieutenant James Rhodes of the Clackamas County Sheriff's office told reporters in remarks aired on CNN. "I believe there is at least one deceased, possibly more."
(Reporting By Cynthia Johnston; Editing by Dan Whitcomb and Paul Thomasch)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
China landed an unmanned spacecraft on the moon, joining the United States and the former Soviet Union in the first such "soft-landing" since 1976. Slideshow