Venezuela's Chavez is fine despite complex surgery: Correa
QUITO (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is "fine" even though the cancer surgery he underwent was complex, Ecuador's leader Rafael Correa said on Wednesday.
Chavez underwent a six-hour surgery in Cuba on Tuesday.
"He is fine even though the surgery was complex," Correa told reporters at the presidential palace.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- U.S. stock futures tumble on reports of NY Ebola case