Venezuela's Chavez is fine despite complex surgery: Correa
QUITO (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is "fine" even though the cancer surgery he underwent was complex, Ecuador's leader Rafael Correa said on Wednesday.
Chavez underwent a six-hour surgery in Cuba on Tuesday.
"He is fine even though the surgery was complex," Correa told reporters at the presidential palace.
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |