Warren assigned to U.S. Senate Banking Committee
WASHINGTON Dec 12 (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Democrats said on Wednesday that Senator-elect Elizabeth Warren, a consumer finance activist feared by Wall Street, will join the Senate Banking Committee next year.
The Democratic Steering Committee approved committee assignments for Warren and other Senate Democrats, installing Senator Patty Murray of Washington state as chairwoman of the Senate Budget Committee.
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’