Warren assigned to U.S. Senate Banking Committee
WASHINGTON Dec 12 (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Democrats said on Wednesday that Senator-elect Elizabeth Warren, a consumer finance activist feared by Wall Street, will join the Senate Banking Committee next year.
The Democratic Steering Committee approved committee assignments for Warren and other Senate Democrats, installing Senator Patty Murray of Washington state as chairwoman of the Senate Budget Committee.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push