Warren assigned to U.S. Senate Banking Committee
WASHINGTON Dec 12 (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Democrats said on Wednesday that Senator-elect Elizabeth Warren, a consumer finance activist feared by Wall Street, will join the Senate Banking Committee next year.
The Democratic Steering Committee approved committee assignments for Warren and other Senate Democrats, installing Senator Patty Murray of Washington state as chairwoman of the Senate Budget Committee.
- Ferguson march muted, police officer disciplined over video |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. protests intercept of Navy jet by Chinese warplane