Warren assigned to U.S. Senate Banking Committee
WASHINGTON Dec 12 (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Democrats said on Wednesday that Senator-elect Elizabeth Warren, a consumer finance activist feared by Wall Street, will join the Senate Banking Committee next year.
The Democratic Steering Committee approved committee assignments for Warren and other Senate Democrats, installing Senator Patty Murray of Washington state as chairwoman of the Senate Budget Committee.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- U.S. attorney general visits racially charged St. Louis suburb