Bosch has no plans to build German battery plant -report
BERLIN Dec 13 (Reuters) - German auto parts supplier Robert Bosch GmbH has no plans to build a factory in its home country to make batteries for electric vehicles, Manager Magazin reported, citing a company executive.
There will not be a mass-market for electric vehicles until 2020, the monthly magazine said in an article to be published in Friday's edition, citing Bernd Bohr, chief executive of Bosch's auto division.
Based near Stuttgart, Bosch had been mulling jointly building batteries for electric cars with German automaker Volkswagen, the magazine said. (Reporting by Andreas Cremer; Editing by Helen Massy-Beresford)
- U.S.-Israeli tensions rise as hostilities in Gaza subside |
- Hague court to order Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case: paper
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Obama could curb corporate 'inversions' on his own: ex-U.S. official
- Family of five found shot dead in Maine home: police