Brazil October retail sales rise 0.8 pct from September
SAO PAULO Dec 13 (Reuters) - Retail sales volumes in Brazil rose 0.8 percent in October from September, government statistics agency IBGE said on Thursday.
Retail sales had been expected to grow 0.9 percent, according to the median estimate of 31 economists polled by Reuters. Forecasts ranged from 0.2 percent to 1.7 percent growth.
October's retail sales jumped 9.1 percent from the year-earlier period, the IBGE added, close to the 9.0 percent median estimate in the Reuters poll. Forecasts ranged from 5.0 percent to 11.4 percent growth.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine