Brazil October retail sales rise 0.8 pct from September
SAO PAULO Dec 13 (Reuters) - Retail sales volumes in Brazil rose 0.8 percent in October from September, government statistics agency IBGE said on Thursday.
Retail sales had been expected to grow 0.9 percent, according to the median estimate of 31 economists polled by Reuters. Forecasts ranged from 0.2 percent to 1.7 percent growth.
October's retail sales jumped 9.1 percent from the year-earlier period, the IBGE added, close to the 9.0 percent median estimate in the Reuters poll. Forecasts ranged from 5.0 percent to 11.4 percent growth.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to peacemaker Mandela |
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Rare Singapore riot forces soul searching over foreign workers