Brazil October retail sales rise 0.8 pct from September
SAO PAULO Dec 13 (Reuters) - Retail sales volumes in Brazil rose 0.8 percent in October from September, government statistics agency IBGE said on Thursday.
Retail sales had been expected to grow 0.9 percent, according to the median estimate of 31 economists polled by Reuters. Forecasts ranged from 0.2 percent to 1.7 percent growth.
October's retail sales jumped 9.1 percent from the year-earlier period, the IBGE added, close to the 9.0 percent median estimate in the Reuters poll. Forecasts ranged from 5.0 percent to 11.4 percent growth.
- Qatar will not host World Cup: FIFA official
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear: police
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold