- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
UPDATE 1-Market Chatter - Corporate finance press digest
Dec 13 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Thursday:
* British bank Barclays plans to eliminate as many as 2,000 jobs in its investment bank as part of a broad restructuring, the Wall Street Journal reported citing people familiar with the bank's plans. ()
* Knight Capital Group expects to make a decision on its future ownership by early next week, the Wall Street Journal reported citing people familiar with the matter. ()
* Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group is set to buy Bank of America's stake in their Japanese private banking venture for 39 billion yen ($470 million), Bloomberg reported, quoting two people with knowledge of the matter.
* U.S. retailer Wal-Mart Stores is in talks to buy an 80 percent stake in Turkish retailer Migros Ticaret AS from London-based private equity group BC Partners, the Financial Times reported.
Deals of the day:
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this