- Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Northern California: U.S. Geological Survey
- Bridge collapses in Washington state, sending cars into river
- Large U.S. retailers sue Visa, MasterCard over card fees
- British police ponder conspiracy after soldier murder |
- Analysis: Markets face rough summer ride as Fed pullback feared
Moody's sees little credit impact for Italy from political crisis
MILAN Dec 13 (Reuters) - Moody's said on Thursday political turmoil stemming from the announced early departure of Prime Minister Mario Monti would have limited impact on Italy's sovreign credit rating.
The rating agency said a victory of the centre-left PD party of Pierluigi Bersani, now leading in opinion polls, would likely result in Italy sticking to Monti's reform agenda.
"We expect he will maintain a reform-oriented policy agenda," Moody's said in a research note.
Moody's rates Italy's sovereign debt Baa2, two notches above junk, with a negative outlook.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this