Dollar hits 8 1/2-month high on yen on BOJ expectations
TOKYO Dec 13 (Reuters) - The dollar rose to an 8-1/2-month high against the yen on Thursday as markets expect the Bank of Japan to expand its easing programme after the Federal Reserve surprised by explicitly linking policy to the unemployment rate.
The greenback rose to as high as 83.33 yen, its highest level since March 27, with its March high of 84.187 seen as a possible next target.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |