Hong Kong to open flat, hover near 16-mth high
HONG KONG Dec 13 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set for a flat open on Thursday after the benchmark hit a 16-month high in the previous session, with concern over the U.S. fiscal crisis tempering foreign investors' optimism about China.
The Hang Seng index was set to open flat at 22,500.99, while the China Enterprises index of top listed mainland firms was indicated to open down 0.1 percent.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. courts deliver conflicting rulings on Obama health care law
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |