Nikkei climbs 1 pct to 7-1/2-month high on weak yen
TOKYO, Dec 13 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average climbed 1 percent to a 7-1/2-month high in early trade on Thursday as the yen fell to an 8-1/2-month low versus the dollar on expectations the Bank of Japan will implement more aggressive monetary easing. The Nikkei gained 98.63 percent to 9,680.09, while the broader Topix index advanced 1 percent to 798.83.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East