Nikkei ends 8-month high led by exporter gains
TOKYO, Dec 13 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average surged above 9,700 for the first time since early April, with exporters buoyed by a yen that falls as expectations rise that the Bank of Japan will implement more aggressive monetary easing. The Nikkei rose 1.7 percent to 9,742.73, the highest closing level since April 5. The broader Topix index was up 1.0 percent at 799.21.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections