Nikkei ends 8-month high led by exporter gains
TOKYO, Dec 13 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average surged above 9,700 for the first time since early April, with exporters buoyed by a yen that falls as expectations rise that the Bank of Japan will implement more aggressive monetary easing. The Nikkei rose 1.7 percent to 9,742.73, the highest closing level since April 5. The broader Topix index was up 1.0 percent at 799.21.
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting
- Israel presses Gaza offensive, kills eight in air strike: officials |
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Ukraine threatens to retake territory from defiant rebels