Korea Hot Stocks- Tongyang Inc soars on restructuring hopes
SEOUL Dec 13 (Reuters) - South Korea's main KOSPI share index was up 0.4 percent at 1,983.92 points as of 0024 GMT. The index opened up 0.04 percent.
Stocks on the move on Thursday include:
**Tongyang Inc **
Tongyang Inc rose by the daily permissible limit of 15 percent for the second consecutive day.
The company, which has five business divisions including construction and textiles, said on Wednesday that it is considering the possible sale of profitable units such as construction materials and home appliance manufacturing to improve its balance sheet.
Its tech services affiliate Tongyang Networks Corp also rose by over 14 percent in early trading.
(Reporting By Somang Yang and Joyce Lee; Editing by Eric Meijer)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting