TREASURIES-Price losses briefly extend early losses
NEW YORK Dec 12 (Reuters) - U.S. Treasury debt briefly extended early price losses on Thursday after the release of data on November U.S. retail sales, producer prices and weekly claims for jobless benefits.
Benchmark 10-year notes were trading 1/32 lower in price to yield 1.71 percent, up from 1.70 percent late Wednesday. Yields briefly traded up to 1.72 percent immediately following the release of the data.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane