- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
UPDATE 1-U.S. municipal bond fund inflows fall to $311 mln
Dec 13 (Reuters) - U.S. municipal bond funds reported $311 million of net inflows in the week ended Dec. 12, down slightly from $489 million of inflows in the prior week, according to data released by Lipper on Thursday.
The four-week moving average remained positive at about $604 million, said Lipper, a unit of Thomson Reuters.
Municipal bond funds, popular with retail investors, have attracted net weekly inflows for just over a year, barring two periods - the weeks ended April 11 and Oct. 31.
In the latest week, high-yield funds had inflows of $168 million down from $212 million in the previous week.
Flows into exchange-traded municipal bond funds fell to $82.9 million from $98 million in the week ended Dec. 5.
BondDesk Group data for the week ended Dec. 12 showed retail investors bought 1.6 bonds for each one they sold, unchanged from the previous week. The total number of bonds bought was 67,010, while the number of bonds sold was 42,660.
The data is based on odd-lot customer transactions.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this