Around 12 Spanish banks to come under ECB supervision - official
MADRID Dec 13 (Reuters) - Around 12 Spanish banks will come under supervision of the European Central Bank, Economy Secretary Fernando Jimenez Latorre said on Thursday, under a deal clinched by Europe in a new phase of closer integration.
Separately, Latorre said that Spain wanted maximum private investment in the bad bank. Spain expected to get foreign private investors on board in the first stage of setting up the entity, but this kind of funding may come later, he said.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port