United Continental CEO Smisek to add chairman title
Dec 13 (Reuters) - United Continental Holdings said on Thursday that President and Chief Executive Officer Jeff Smisek will also become chairman effective Dec. 31.
Smisek will succeed Glenn Tilton, the former CEO of UAL Corp who became chairman of United Continental in October 2010. Tilton will remain on the board.
The merger of United parent UAL and Continental Airlines two years ago formed the world's biggest carrier. Tilton was chairman and CEO of UAL Corp from 2002 until Oct. 2010.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins