United Continental CEO Smisek to add chairman title
Dec 13 (Reuters) - United Continental Holdings said on Thursday that President and Chief Executive Officer Jeff Smisek will also become chairman effective Dec. 31.
Smisek will succeed Glenn Tilton, the former CEO of UAL Corp who became chairman of United Continental in October 2010. Tilton will remain on the board.
The merger of United parent UAL and Continental Airlines two years ago formed the world's biggest carrier. Tilton was chairman and CEO of UAL Corp from 2002 until Oct. 2010.
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push
- Ukraine opposition rally keeps pressure on Yanukovich