Comments from euro zone finance ministers, officials
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Euro zone finance ministers and officials are expected to make a final decision on releasing the next payment of aid to Greece at a meeting in Brussels on Thursday.
They are also expected to discuss the financing needs of Cyprus.
Following are comments from ministers and officials ahead of the talks:
EUROGROUP PRESIDENT JEAN-CLAUDE JUNCKER
ASKED ABOUT AGREEMENT ON A BAILOUT DEAL FOR CYPRUS:
"I don't think that we can find a definitive solution for Cyprus today. It will probably be done in January."
EU ECONOMIC AND MONETARY AFFAIRS COMMISSIONER OLLI REHN
ASKED ABOUT THE GREEK DEBT BUYBACK FALLING SHORT AND WHETHER FUNDS COULD BE FREED UP FOR GREECE:
"I'm confident we will find a way."
"Today's decision will remove the clouds hanging over Greece."
(Reporting by Leigh Thomas, Noah Barkin, compiled by Rex Merrifield)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East