EU's Barroso tells Berlusconi Italy needs stability, reform
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso said on Thursday he had stressed the importance of stability and reform in Italy in a conversation with former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi.
Barroso told reporters he had a private discussion with Berlusconi on Wednesday.
"I'm not going into detail. It was a personal conversation," Barroso said, but added that he had stressed in their phone call the need to keep Italy on this "path of stability and reform".
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine