16 killed in car bomb southwest of Damascus: Lebanon TV
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Sixteen people were killed and more than 25 wounded, including women and children, in a car bomb in Qatana, a town 25 kilometers (15 miles) southwest of Damascus, Lebanon's al-Manar television channel said on Thursday.
Qatana is part of a string of outlying suburbs and towns where President Bashar al-Assad's forces have been trying to push back rebels. The attack follows three bombs which exploded at the Interior Ministry on Wednesday evening, killing five.
(Reporting by Oliver Holmes)
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years