Venezuela's Chavez suffered complications from surgery -info min
CARACAS Dec 13 (Reuters) - Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez suffered complications related to cancer surgery in Cuba and underwent further treatment to stop bleeding, Information Minister Ernesto Villegas said on Thursday.
"The patient is recovering progressively and favorably and his vital signs are normal," Villegas said in a broadcast on state TV. "Corrective measures were required," he added, as a result of bleeding caused by Tuesday's operation.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image