VeriFone earnings forecast lags estimates; shares fall
Dec 13 (Reuters) - Credit card swipe machine maker VeriFone Systems Inc forecast smaller-than-expected earnings for the current quarter after reporting a lower fourth-quarter profit as a fire in its Brazilian unit hurt sales.
Shares of the company fell 7 percent to $30.81 in extended trading on Thursday.
VeriFone expects adjusted net income of between 70 cents to 73 cents per share for the first quarter ending Jan. 31.
Analysts were expecting 75 cents, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Net income fell to $27 million, or 24 cents per share, for the fourth quarter ended Oct. 31, from $198.8 million, or $1.84 per share, a year earlier.
Net revenue rose 18 percent to $485.4 million.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade