Japan's MUFG to buy 20 pct stake in VietinBank for $720 mln-source
TOKYO Dec 13 (Reuters) - Japan's Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, a unit of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc (MUFG) , plans to buy a 20 percent interest in VietinBank from the Vietnamese government for about 60 billion yen ($720 million), a source said.
VietinBank, or Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade, is Vietnam's second-largest partly private lender.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay over $50 billion in Yukos case
- Europe nervy as Russian assets hit by new sanctions talk
- Ukraine troops advance as experts renew attempt to reach crash site
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine