Japan's MUFG to buy 20 pct stake in VietinBank for $720 mln-source
TOKYO Dec 13 (Reuters) - Japan's Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, a unit of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc (MUFG) , plans to buy a 20 percent interest in VietinBank from the Vietnamese government for about 60 billion yen ($720 million), a source said.
VietinBank, or Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade, is Vietnam's second-largest partly private lender.
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- Zach Galifianakis, Louis C.K. comedy show 'Baskets' picked up by FX
- U.S. seeks coalition against Islamic State, but military partners no sure bet