Japan's MUFG to buy 20 pct stake in VietinBank for $720 mln-source
TOKYO Dec 13 (Reuters) - Japan's Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, a unit of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc (MUFG) , plans to buy a 20 percent interest in VietinBank from the Vietnamese government for about 60 billion yen ($720 million), a source said.
VietinBank, or Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade, is Vietnam's second-largest partly private lender.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards offered online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |