AkzoNobel sells North American paints operations to PPG
AMSTERDAM Dec 14 (Reuters) - Dutch paints company AkzoNobel said on Friday it will sell its decorative paints operations in North America to its U.S.-listed rival PPG Industries for $1.05 billion so it can focus its paints business on Europe and high growth regions.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |