Bank of Montreal names Doug Porter as new chief economist
TORONTO Dec 14 (Reuters) - Bank of Montreal has promoted Doug Porter to the role of chief economist of its investment and corporate banking arm, the lender said on Friday.
Porter, currently a deputy chief economist at BMO Capital Markets, will replace the retiring Sherry Cooper on Feb. 1. Cooper is one of the country's highest profile bank economists.
Porter has been at Canada's fourth-largest lender since 1995. He previously worked in the research department at Canada's central bank.
- China anxiety knocks shares, oil
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine: defense minister |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labor |
- U.S. sees Middle East help fighting IS, Britain cautious after beheading