Bank of Montreal names Doug Porter as new chief economist
TORONTO Dec 14 (Reuters) - Bank of Montreal has promoted Doug Porter to the role of chief economist of its investment and corporate banking arm, the lender said on Friday.
Porter, currently a deputy chief economist at BMO Capital Markets, will replace the retiring Sherry Cooper on Feb. 1. Cooper is one of the country's highest profile bank economists.
Porter has been at Canada's fourth-largest lender since 1995. He previously worked in the research department at Canada's central bank.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions