S&P cuts Croatia sovereign rating to BB-plus from BBB-minus
NEW YORK Dec 14 (Reuters) - Rating agency Standard & Poor's on Friday lowered Croatia into junk status to BB-plus from BBB-minus, as it said recent government reforms will not be enough to boost the economy.
"The downgrade reflects our view that structural and fiscal reforms implemented so far have been insufficient to foster economic growth and place public finances on a more sustainable path," the agency said in a statement.
The outlook is stable.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |