Thomson Reuters and GTS announce winners of China Tax Awards 2012
Awards highlight professional achievements and contributions to tax profession in China
CHINA, December 14, 2012 - Thomson Reuters, the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals, today announced the winners of China Tax Awards 2012.
Over 80 entries had been submitted to compete for the five awards selected by an esteemed panel of jurors comprising Thomson Reuters, renowned academics from Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, Institute of Tax and Scientific Research, and reputed CFOs across China.
The selected winners were:
- Tax Practitioners of the Year:
- Mr. Fu Tie, Tax Head, YiHai Kerry Group
- Ms. Julia Li, Country Tax Counsel, Citigroup
- Mr. Wu Meng, China Tax Director, Lenovo
- Mr. Watson Wang, APAC Tax Director, SABIC Inc.
- Ms. Marilyn Lu, Global Tax Director, NetEase Group
- Tax Leadership of the Year:
- Ms. Cindy Li, Greater China Tax Director, Microsoft (China) Co., Ltd
- Tax Risk Management Practitioner of the Year:
- Mr. Jackie Chan, APAC Tax Director, Lear Corporation (Shanghai) Limited
- Tax Practice Elite of the Year:
- Mr. Tommy Wu, National Tax Director, Carrefour China
- Tax Service Provider of the Year:
- KPMG China
The organisation of China Tax Awards 2012 came at a time when tax professionals in China are faced with challenges both from the global environment as well as domestic tax reforms. By identifying the best tax practitioners in China today through the awards, GTS and Thomson Reuters seek to exemplify and highlight best practices in tax management for professionals to learn and benefit from.
"The quality and diverse nature of the entries we received demonstrate the wide spread appeal for those working in the tax and accounting profession to be recognised for the critical role they play in doing business in China. It was an incredibly hard decision to choose a winner for each of the categories as the level of entries were so high", said Charlotte Rushton, managing director, Asia Pacific and EMEA for the Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters.
"Congratulations to all winners for their exceptional achievements in tax leadership, planning and risk management. We look forward to build upon your expertise and experience for the development and advancement of the tax profession in China," added Golden Lee, general manager of GTS, Golden Finance.
All winners were on-hand to receive their awards, given out during the GTS 2nd China Tax Director Conference held at The Hongta Hotel, Shanghai on 13 and 14 December 2012.
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minnesota, Thomson Reuters employs approximately 60,000 people and operates in over 100 countries. Thomson Reuters shares are listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges. For more information, go to http://thomsonreuters.com.
PR Manager EMEA
+44 (0) 207 3756814
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the
information contained therein.
Source: Thomson Reuters Corporation via Thomson Reuters ONE
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |