Man Group faces further writedowns over GLG deal - FT
LONDON Dec 14 (Reuters) - Hedge fund firm Man Group is weighing significant writedowns next year relating to its 2010 acquisition of GLG Partners, the Financial Times reported on Friday.
It is likely that Man, which on Monday said Emmanuel Roman will replace Peter Clarke as chief executive, will have to take further impairments in February when it announces full-year results, the paper said, citing people at the company.
"It is reviewed twice yearly and no decision has been taken," said a Man spokesman. "The carrying value of GLG and other assets will be disclosed in the normal way with full-year results in February."
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of UK hostage David Haines |
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labor |
- UK's Cameron resists calls for air strikes despite hostage killing |
- Scots independence battle reaches fever pitch on streets and screens |
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine: defense minister |