Japan's Nikkei ticks lower ahead of Sunday's election
TOKYO, Dec 14 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average inched down on Friday, ahead of Sunday's general election, with strong expectations that the main opposition party, which favours aggressive easing, is set for victory. The Nikkei ended 0.1 percent lower at 9,737.56, but was still near its eight-month closing high reached in the previous session. The broader Topix index added 0.2 percent to 801.04.
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Ukraine protesters fell Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper