Peabody Energy expects earnings to hit a trough in first quarter
Dec 14 (Reuters) - Coal miner Peabody Energy Corp said it expects earnings to hit a trough in the first quarter due to lower sales and prices.
The company said U.S. sales would decline by about 2 million tons on weak demand. Prices would fall 5 percent as higher-priced contracts expire.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |