ProSieben to sell Nordic unit, raise dividend
FRANKFURT Dec 14 (Reuters) - German media group ProSiebenSat.1 said on Friday it had agreed to sell its North-European operations to Discovery Communications and that intends to return part of the proceeds to shareholders though dividend payments.
The company said the agreed enterprise value of the operations it was selling was 1.325 billion euros ($1.73 billion).
ProSieben said it intends to propose a dividend payment of about 5.60 euros per share after completion of the sale, which is expected in the first quarter.
In 2012, the company paid a dividend of 1.17 euros per preference share and 1.15 euros per common share.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Microsoft leads disruption of largest infected global PC network