JD Group buys properties from Steinhoff in $52 mln deal
JOHANNESBURG Dec 14 (Reuters) - South African retailer JD Group said on Friday it had acquired 19 properties and leases from Steinhoff International in exchange for JD Group shares worth 447 million rand ($51.7 million).
JD Group said the purchase would be done through a fresh issue of 9.5 million JD Group shares at a price of 47 rand per share. The company said the transaction was aimed at diversifying its asset base. ($1 = 8.6454 South African rand) (Reporting by Ed Stoddard; Editing by Jon Herskovitz)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image