S&P Japan unit reprimanded over CDO ratings
TOKYO Dec 14 (Reuters) - Japan's financial regulator ordered the local unit of Standard & Poor's Ratings Services to improve its operations on Friday after finding it had not sufficiently checked information when setting ratings on a complex type of financial derivative.
The Financial Services Agency said Standard & Poor's Ratings Japan K.K. had made mistakes in its publication of ratings on synthetic collateralized debt obligations (CDO).
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections