Watchdog confirms Telekom Austria has Yesss get-out
VIENNA Dec 14 (Reuters) - Austria's telecoms regulator said Telekom Austria could walk away from its takeover of budget mobile brand Yesss if regulatory approval was not secured by Jan. 31.
A collapse of the agreement to buy Yesss from Orange Austria would jeopardise Hutchison's 1.3 billion euro ($1.7 billion) agreed takeover of Orange Austria, as the two deals are linked.
"That would be a critical situation for the merger," Georg Serentschy, in charge of telecommunications and post for the RTR regulator, told journalists on Friday. ($1 = 0.7641 euro) (Reporting by Angelika Gruber; Writing by Georgina Prodhan; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Supreme Court to decide on patent protections for software
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount