Watchdog confirms Telekom Austria has Yesss get-out
VIENNA Dec 14 (Reuters) - Austria's telecoms regulator said Telekom Austria could walk away from its takeover of budget mobile brand Yesss if regulatory approval was not secured by Jan. 31.
A collapse of the agreement to buy Yesss from Orange Austria would jeopardise Hutchison's 1.3 billion euro ($1.7 billion) agreed takeover of Orange Austria, as the two deals are linked.
"That would be a critical situation for the merger," Georg Serentschy, in charge of telecommunications and post for the RTR regulator, told journalists on Friday. ($1 = 0.7641 euro) (Reporting by Angelika Gruber; Writing by Georgina Prodhan; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight