Watchdog confirms Telekom Austria has Yesss get-out
VIENNA Dec 14 (Reuters) - Austria's telecoms regulator said Telekom Austria could walk away from its takeover of budget mobile brand Yesss if regulatory approval was not secured by Jan. 31.
A collapse of the agreement to buy Yesss from Orange Austria would jeopardise Hutchison's 1.3 billion euro ($1.7 billion) agreed takeover of Orange Austria, as the two deals are linked.
"That would be a critical situation for the merger," Georg Serentschy, in charge of telecommunications and post for the RTR regulator, told journalists on Friday. ($1 = 0.7641 euro) (Reporting by Angelika Gruber; Writing by Georgina Prodhan; Editing by Dan Lalor)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data